Monday, April 17, 2017

Hope Everyone Had A Great Weekend! Couple of FFO's & WIPS Updates

Hello Everyone :)

I hope you enjoyed your weekend, and got lots of stitching done! I have been busy doing lots of things, and I'm excited to share :)

First off an update on my Lavender and Lace Angel of Grace WIP. I am moving right along with it, and hope to be done with it soon. Last week I worked on finishing up the 1 over 1 skin, doing the dove, and completing all the backstitching and detail work. Now I have moved on to finishing the rest of her skirt.








Now to talk about my Shamrock, and how Mr. Frog paid me a good 'ol visit on this WIP! Stinking frog!! Ugghhh! I had got most of the middle "leaf" stitched on the shamrock, when lo and behold it didn't line up when connecting it! And I had to rip out ALL of that stitching and a piece on the final "leaf" that I had started on the left hand side. So that is what I spent my Saturday night doing was stitching a whole bunch and then ripping it all out! Sunday I managed to get it all stitched correctly, and now all I have left is the left side. Whew, that was frustrating, but back on track now :)
Day 5 Shows the more true to color. It was cloudy today for Day 6.






Also on Saturday. I pinned and framed a piece I stitched about a year and a half ago, maybe two years ago. I am in love with it, and have it sitting on my desk. I got many a wonderful comment on it from Instagram :)




The week before I FFO'd the Mill Hill Wanda's Hat into an ornament. I backed it with spider scrapbook paper and added a beaded hanger! I love how it turned out. I want to purchase me a Halloween ornament tree for this year for these types of things.




I also have started thinking about what my next WIP or project will be. So many options running through my head. I thought about picking back up a big bunny with flowers project, or starting a Mira Mermaid, or Nora Corbett's Miss Valentine Fairy, or ??? As I get closer I will narrow it down and decide what I am in the mood to work on :)

I think I am going to go to Michael's this week and buy some floss for some projects to kit up. I have my floss list all written out for a good handful of projects. I have a 25% off coupon for the entire order of regular priced items, and that will work great since the price of DMC floss has went up!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week and will talk soon :)


Please follow me on:

Instagram @stayinginstitches
Please Like, Comment, and Subscribe
Also please feel free to comment on here too :)

Also please feel free to comment on here too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment