Thursday, November 3, 2016

Morning Praise Finish

   Hello Everyone :) Hope ya'll are having a good day - or evening/night wherever you are in the world. It's been a really warm day here in coastal South Carolina!

   Here is the post that I said I wanted to share all by itself. This was a Dimensions kit called Morning Praise. It was a real labor of love as this had alot of half stitches, color changes, but also what made it challenging was just a ton of browns and greens in those color families - that also at times proved to be trying. It was like not another color of brown in a different shade - LOL! But I carried on and was hugely rewarded for my efforts on this one, as I love, love, love it!!! I also hated the aida fabric as it was really stiff, but it soften some as I worked with it, and after I washed it after stitching to remove the grid lines it was great. So for future reference I could always wash stiff adia before hand to soften it up. There was alot of backstitching but I didn't mind it and it really brought the piece to life. I will share some of the photos I took along the way of progress.

   I have several more finishes I have accomplished and what I am currently working on to post about over the next couple of days. I find that posting often is really quite enjoyable to me more than before. I have noticed some of my stitching habits has changed over the last year or so that I will get into in another post - I don't want to make the posts to long while playing "catch-up" :)

   On another note, I found a video I recorded on my phone back from Aug. 1st and I watched it yesterday cause I had forgotten about recording it. I plan on uploading it even though it is a few months old in the next few days. I am thinking about editing out some things or I may not - lol. We will see. I will make a post when that is up.
  
   I hope everyone is stitching away :)

Please follow me on:
Instagram @stayinginstitches
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/stayinginstitches
Please Like, Comment, and Subscribe
Also please feel free to comment on here too :)







No comments:

Post a Comment