Sunday, March 19, 2017

I'm Back From Vacation But I've Been Sick :( PLUS 3 More Finishes

Hello Everyone :)

I have been back since a week yesterday - 03/11/17, but I've been sick since I got off the ship. By the time we got off the ship and took a cab to our car I knew I was getting a chest cold. I could feel it setting in, and by the evening we got home I went to bed. It has gotten pretty bad, but on Thursday I went to my doctor, and he put me on 4 medicines. I was getting to where it was difficult to breathe of a night and was getting no sleep. I am on the mend now, but still not a 100%. Dang it too, cause I had managed all winter not to get anything, but those cruise ships are petri dishes! I try to use hand sanitizer and keep my hands washed, but there is just so many surfaces you are constantly touching on the cruise ship!

Anyhow, I really, really enjoyed the AQS Quilt Show in Daytona! I will get more into that in another post, and when I am feeling better.

Also, near Port Canaveral was a quilt shop near where we were staying before we left out for the cruise, and boy did I get some beautiful things! I will be sharing soon my goodies. I may even make a YouTube video on my quilty acquisitions.

The cruise - at least I didn't get sick while on it - was really great and we had a blast. I did get a bad sunburn on my upper body on the second port day - and YES!, I used SPF 70 water resistant sunscreen. Go figure! I will also share more about that in another post along with pictures.

I did feel good enough yesterday to get back to stitching from being sick, and I managed to finish 2 small projects! I started and finished a Mill Hill kit called Pilgrim, and finished another ornament. I also finished another ornament earlier today. So I have managed to finish 3 smalls since yesterday!! I only have 2 more ornaments left and I will be done with them! I am thinking about what I want to work on next. I am thinking I will get back to my L&L Angel of Grace. It's been sitting there staring at me ;)

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your Sunday!

Talk Soon :)


Started and Finished 03/18/17 ~ 13th Finish of the Year


Finished 03/18/17 ~ 14th Finish of the Year


Finished 03/19/17 ~ 15th Finish of the Year



Please follow me on:

Instagram @stayinginstitches

Please Like, Comment, and SubscribeAlso please feel free to comment on here too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment