Sunday, January 25, 2015

Some Hand Dyed Fabrics and Flosses

I wanted to share some photos with everyone who visits me here in blog land. 

A couple of weeks ago I was playing around and dyed some fabrics that was in kits and just some random floss. I have dyed quilt fabric before and had a blast with that about 5 or 6 years ago, so playing around with this was natural. This was the first time I tried the ice dyeing techinuqe though, and I really liked it. The only problem I had was being patient while the ice melted to see what the fabric was going to turn out to be :) LOL!

I did dye 1 more floss that was used in DUCJC2015 #14 and also for the Valentine SAL, so if you would like to see that one please check out this post: http://theflyingneedle-stitcherstale.blogspot.com/2015/01/ducjc2015-project-14-valentine-sal.html




Here is a better picture of the fabric above after I started stitching on it to show better how much prettier it really is. It was nighttime and lighting wasn't that great.





This is my favorite floss so far below. Even my hubby really liked this one. It kinda reminds me of a multi-colored snow cone :) But I have no clue as to what to stitch with it yet.


2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved everything you dyed Susan. I sure wish I knew how.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Linda. It's not the hard. If you ever need any help let me know and I will try and explain it the best I can. Also Youtube videos can be really helpful :)

    ReplyDelete